Saturday, November 08, 2008

XXXVI- Satan's Bollocks

.

Satan's Bollocks

By and large I love my greens,
My parents taught me right
Broccoli, spinach, peas and beans
I’ll gladly eat all night.

But the green that gives me much disgust
Is the dreaded Brussel Sprout;
By all means, cook them if you must,
Then... chuck the buggers out.

My childhood dinners ended late
I was ordered: eat the lot
So I slipped them slyly off my plate
And stuffed them down my socks.

Now sprout fans, please retreat
I don’t wish to be debatin’;
You’ll never convince me to eat
Those sulphurous balls of Satan.

---
© J Cosmo Newbery
---
Print this post

7 comments:

  1. This was a pure delight to read! You're quite a talent!

    ReplyDelete
  2. puleeeze .. no brussel sprouts for cosmo, especially
    after eating broccoli, spinach, peas and beans all night..!!!

    i have to admit i love those sulphurous balls of satan, although i eat them rarely.

    ps: this Was a delight to read

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute. Tell me, do you have lumpy ankles or are there still sprouts down your socks?

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are down behind my wardrobe. And a different shade of green now too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. O lofty bard, so smooth and wry, you give us pause to think... Your name I'll cry when next I stuff those green balls down the sink.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am thinking that you are being the recipient of a goodly education that has in the mean time gone badly on you. I am thinking that you should be eating all your foods. These are my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete

You've come this far - thank you.
Take your time, look around,
There is lots to see.