Wednesday, November 19, 2008

XLII - Love is Red

.
This week's writing challenge from Mama's Losin' It
is to write a poem about a favourite colour.
My contribution should be sung to the tune of Love is Blue.


Love is red
(making a meal of Love is Blue)

Red, red, my wine is red
Red is the wine that goes to my head
Pink, pink, my life is pink
Warm is my heart with something to drink

Red, red, my steaks are red
Frying for two, along with some bread
Green, green, my salad is dressed
I devoured you and now I can rest

When we sat, how the night sped away
Talking long into the following day

Noir, noir, the Pinot’s I’ve had
Sipping on them, life’s not too bad.

---
© J Cosmo Newbery
---
Apologies to Pierre Cour.
Print this post

17 comments:

  1. Mmmm... I agree wholeheartedly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I expected nothing less from you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. these writing challenges are really working for you.
    this is very nice.
    i can see that red is your favorite color.
    come to think of it ..
    i enjoyed a nice pinot noir last night ..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hum.........love how you attacked this one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bacchus salutes you, sir!! The dressed/rest rhyme is particularly stylish and fun. Love it. You must have been a vintner in a previous life...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perfect poem! Great pic!

    Happy WW!

    ReplyDelete
  7. BTW... love the name of your blog. Creative!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that poem!! It really captures the sweetness of life:-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. "Love is Blue", not always, I've heard that song...nice poem j cosmo...today I'm feeling all red and rosy,just like the wine and just like my little heart here. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. The only question in my mind is how you intended the pronunciation of noir - in the french or as the brooklynese might mudder it?

    ReplyDelete
  11. How clever! You are talented!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great poem. I liked many of your others too. I'll have to come back and read more. You are a good writer and I enjoy your repartee.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am thinking that you are mostly being wrong guided in your thinking that love is being red. Love is being hot but not being red hot, love is being warmly held.

    ReplyDelete

You've come this far - thank you.
Take your time, look around,
There is lots to see.