Thursday, December 11, 2008

XLIX - Some Limericks

.

This week's writing challenge from Mama's Losin' It
is to write about allergies. OK, there are other topics but I chose allergies.

And I was in a limerick sort of mood.
.
My allergies are more mental than floral:
There are politicians, acting immoral;
And boorish louts;
And Brussels sprouts;
And any piped music, choral.

◊◊◊

One Minute Writer also had a couple of topics that appealed.

In what area of your life do you tend toward excess instead of moderation?
Well, that's a given for me.

It’s true, I have to confess,
With wine I prefer more over less.
A glass is fine
But a bottle is divine:
Nothing exceeds like excess.

◊◊◊

Write about an "online-only" friend you have not met in person.

On line, she was bright and quite pert.
I lusted to explore up her skirt.
I was shocked to discover
That my internet lover
Was an interstate trucker named Bert.

---
© J Cosmo Newbery
---
Print this post

10 comments:

  1. I love the wine limerick! Oh I need some wine right now. Thanks for the smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. there once was a cosmo type poet..
    who could limerick .. don't cha know it ..

    :)

    you ARE good ..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love limericks ---and saw your "online-only" one on One Minute Writer. it made me chuckle.

    What is it about limericks? They are exceedingly silly, yet quite delightful, maybe because they are often somewhat naughty.

    Dare I post my favorite here? I have no idea where this came from but I've repeated it often for more than 30 years:

    There was a young miss from Madras
    Who had quite a magnificent ass,
    Not rounded and pink
    As you probably think,
    But was gray, had long ears and ate grass.

    ---
    See my art work and writing:
    http://proartz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Please add a gadget so we can follow your blog. I tend to forget (unless it comes up on my dashboard) to check back on the blogs I like.

    I would love to follow your blog, especially if you will post more limericks from time to time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Blithe spirit, your pen just drips with cleverness. Thanks so much for making us smile.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You do have a thing about Brussels Sprouts, don't you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mmmm..... I'm sort of new to this. I set up my blog in March but did nothing more until November, so I am still in the learning stage. I don't think subscribing is the same as following. (I just realized I didn't have mine set so one could follow it, so I did that today.)

    For me to subscribe to your blog, I would need an account on Google, Yahoo, or other sites ---which I don't have. To follow, I just need to click on the follow link on your blog, then when I open my blog, it shows a list of new posts on the blogs I follow.

    You could do, both, of course, if you wish.

    ReplyDelete
  8. OK. Try that. I use Google Reader to subscribe to, group and monitor blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very clever j cosmo. ♥

    ReplyDelete

You've come this far - thank you.
Take your time, look around,
There is lots to see.