Thursday, September 27, 2012

CCCLXXXII - A Whining Fellow

.

Mad Kane has a regular limerick challenge.
She provides the first line, the rest is up to us.

A Whining Fellow

A fellow who tended to whine
Went into a terminal decline.
His wife seemed distraught
‘Til she was taken to court
For the arsenic she put in his wine.

A fellow who tended to whine
Would daily worship the divine.
But his god couldn’t brook
The whinging little sook
And consigned him to Hell, the swine.
.
---


© 2012   J Cosmo Newbery
---


Print this post

4 comments:

  1. Oh well done!

    I tend to put arsenic in my husbands wine - purely (of course) as a therapeutic intervention and he (if he knew) would be grateful for it...

    How kind I am!

    Anna :o]

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL - I confess I had to look up the definition of 'sook' / 'sooky' .... Now I'm rolling on the floor laughing ..... ;-)

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant as always. I winced a little while reading the first. A man in my home town was peacefully eating his dinner one night when there was a knock at the door. It was the police who had come to arrest his wife for attempting to murder him. She had been systematically adding oleander leaves cooked, chopped and stewed to his meals. He had been feeling unwell (fairly obviously) and had visited his doctor. Samples of both his vomit and stools showed the oleander and the doctor alerted the police. True story. She was found guilty.

    ReplyDelete

You've come this far - thank you.
Take your time, look around,
There is lots to see.