Tuesday, February 05, 2013

Repost - Roses are roses, violets are not.


"Roses are red, violets are blue
Sugar is sweet and so are you."

I beg to differ...


Roses are roses, violets are not.

"Roses are red, violets are blue",
Overused twaddle and clearly untrue.
Some roses are white, others are pink,
In Texas they're yellow, the worlds biggest, I think.

Violets are odd, with their own special hue,
Violets are violet and clearly not blue.

That sugar is sweet, I have to agree,
But that's where it ends, it seems to me.
The thinking is flawed, the analogy faulty:
Sugar is sweet but you are quite salty.

---
© J Cosmo Newbery 2013
---
Print this post

6 comments:

  1. Oh dear, not only am I shrinking but salty as well. I take it this not a love match. Bitterly disappointed

    Violet

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the humor in your words :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bit early for Valentine's Day, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a distinct feeling of deja vu
    Once I was told that violets were blue
    By whom I forget but I know it wasn't you
    And I have since discovered it isn't true

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha ha - wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

You've come this far - thank you.
Take your time, look around,
There is lots to see.